About Me

My photo
I am a lifelong fabric artist who loves bringing a home to life with quirky, unique and sumptuous pieces of textile art. I learnt my craft from sharing many a happy hour sewing with my talented mother. I particularly like collage, free-machining, needle-felting and creating home furnishings using a combination of machine and hand sewing. I love incorporating vintage and reclaimed fabrics, buttons, beads, jewellery and other items in my work to give them a second chance at being beautiful.

Wednesday 2 March 2016

WOYWW - keeping warm!

Hello all! It's a wild, wet and windy 'What's on your Workdesk Wednesday' today at Tilly Tea Dance Towers so we're keeping cosy in our living room. So today's workdesk photo is actually not the workdesk at all but my footstool!


So on my workdesk today you can see a small herd of 'dumflings', my little needle-felted and embroidered squares. I've had an order for a set of four so I've been busy making a good selection for my customer to choose from.


It's been a hectic week already and it's only Wednesday. I've been putting together the last bits and bobs for my workshop on Saturday where I'll get to share my love of needle felting and embroidery with eight lovely ladies. Will let you know how we all got on next WOYWW.

In between this I've been over to Connections in Pontesbury to set up my new display of my work. Connections has a lovely Local Artists department and I'm chuffed they wanted me to be part of it!

So that's it from me for this week. Thanks for stopping by my workdesk.

Happy crafting

Max x

14 comments:

  1. I'm not surprised people want to stock your work, it's fantastic!! Good luck with your workshop, I wish I was nearer...I'd have come!
    Hugs, LLJ 14 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm also not surprised they want to stock your beautiful work. Have a great time at the workshop and I also wish I was able to come. Barbxx #16

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your display looks fab - hope you sell loads. x

    ReplyDelete
  4. The needle felting and embroidery looks so beautiful, have fun at your workshop! Have a happy Wednesday. Sandy Leigh #36

    ReplyDelete
  5. Look at your fabulous work on display there! Enjoy the workshop, I am sure it will be wonderful. Helen #2

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations on your work being in Connections - it is worthy of display like that. Good luck with your workshop, am sure you will do fine and will be able to tell us all about it next week.
    Hugs & Thanks for the earlier visit - Neet 1 xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a beautiful display of work. I love it. I don't blame you for wanting to stay inside. That's exactly where I'm going to be as it snowed again! I want to hibernate until spring.

    Have a great week
    Sharon K #42

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your display looks really fab Max......lets hope they fly off the shelves.
    Hugs,
    Annie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. You must have been as pleased as punch to see your art displayed like that. Your little squares are exquisite!
    Good luck with your workshop.
    Sharon #56

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your felted pieces, they are beautiful. I have done a class locally, and just love it, but need to try to find the time to do some more. Love your colour choices and the flowers are gorgeous. THanks for sharing, Judith xx #32

    ReplyDelete
  11. I adore the felted pieces..Sounds like you are enjoying workshops and keeping extra busy. Best Wishes with your display works. Thanks for sharing your fun talents with us.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I always sigh when I look at your pieces. So beautiful. Understand why they would ask you to show your art. Creative Blessings! Kelly #49

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful pieces of felting. Love how you choose the colors and patterns to make. Thanks for sharing. Have a great week. Vickie #58

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your work is ABSOLUTELY gorgeous! Congrats on the shop assignment! The display is lovely! :) Blessings

    ReplyDelete