About Me

My photo
I am a lifelong fabric artist who loves bringing a home to life with quirky, unique and sumptuous pieces of textile art. I learnt my craft from sharing many a happy hour sewing with my talented mother. I particularly like collage, free-machining, needle-felting and creating home furnishings using a combination of machine and hand sewing. I love incorporating vintage and reclaimed fabrics, buttons, beads, jewellery and other items in my work to give them a second chance at being beautiful.

Wednesday 9 March 2016

WOYWW

Hello all and welcome to my regular 'What's on your Workdesk Wednesday' blog post.

The desk is a little sparse today - I'm having one of those finishing off days where I try to finish some of the work I've been sidelining for other things.
I've got some more little dumflings to mount onto cards and a pansy picture to frame.

At the back of the desk you might be able to see Ben's first attempt with gel crayons. These are a much easier crayon for little fingers to draw with but unfortunately it has the consistency of lipstick so he's only allowed them when he's sat at the desk (I fear for my magnolia walls). I think his first attempt looks a little like a flower, but maybe that's just the artist in me hoping I've passed on some arty genes!

Anyway, last week I promised I'd share with you some photos from Saturday's workshop.
I had a fab time helping eight lovely ladies to create their own pieces of needle-felted and hand-embroidered work. They all said they enjoyed themselves and, even with the same basic materials, all created entirely different pieces of work. 


Then, of course, it was Mothers Day on Sunday. Here's the card I rustled up for mum (Twiglet) from my lovely bag of fabric and lace scraps. The colours coordinate well with the flowers I gave her to say thanks for being such a fab mum.

And I wasn't disappointed this Mothers Day either. I had chocs and bubbly, a lovely walk in the Quarry (Shrewsbury's town park) and a delicious tapas lunch at Casa Naranjo.

I think the waitresses were in shock as Ben worked his way through olives, garlic prawns, meatballs, croquettas, chicken skewers, patatas bravas and pork tenderloin.

There's not much my boy doesn't eat and he always makes me proud in restaurants - though I need to have a word with him about the number of kisses he was blowing at the waitresses!!

That's all for today - rather a long post with all the events of the past week! Thanks for stopping by. If this is your first visit to me, hop on over to Julia's Stamping Ground where you'll find loads of other artists and crafters sharing their workdesk activities.

See you again soon!

Happy crafting,
Max x

13 comments:

  1. watch out with that son of yours :-) mine also ate everything when he was that age, normally we ordered something from the kids menu but he ended up eating our meal, nowadays however he only eats mashed potatoes and meat or fries, that's it. Happy WOYWW from Vicky#8

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely post, Tilly! What a great week you have had. Everyone seemed to be hard at it on your workshop, and Ben is just gorgeous - good for him - eating his way through some really tasty food!!! Cute little dumfings - is the child of a dumfing a dumfling do you think???
    Take acre. God bless.
    Margaret #1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your workshop looks like so much fun. I love your flowers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Ben is beautiful, what a blessed Mom you are, as well as your gorgeous Mother's Day card! I collect beautiful fabric just like I collect paper scraps. I like to sew and collage too. Your workshop also looks amazing and fun!
    Happy creating to you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tilly, what lovely stories about Ben- you do know we all come as much to see him as you, don't you, lol. I can definitely see a flower, by the way-green leaves at the bottom, and red petals at the top- so he got them the right way round! Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #5xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ben looks like he had fun!
    Wonderful card that you made your mum.
    The workshop looks great - it sounds like a wonderful craft to learn.

    Sharon K #48

    ReplyDelete
  8. What lovely work your ladies created - I bet they went home happy! It sounds like you had a wonderful Mothers Day - and good for Ben with his sophisticated palette - there's nothing more frustrating than a fussy eater!! Thanks so much for the visit, hope you have a great week,
    Diana #27

    ReplyDelete
  9. I do like I to see a young man with a healthy appetite!! I wouldn't worry about the kisses for the waitresses, better portions that way 😉
    I'm so glad your workshop went well, I wish I wasn't so blooming far away, I'd have enjoyed it too. Hope you do another one sometime😊
    And the card you made Twiglet was gorgeous!!
    Hugs, LLJ 4 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is my first time visiting your blog and I am so glad I did! I LOVE your style of creativity! I am NOT a sewer, so I have never worked with fabrics, felts or embroidering! It is LOVELY! I would love to see some of that felt work in action is just so beautiful to me and so intriguing! I will be looking that up, I tell you! Your son is precious! Blessings from Felicia #^#

    ReplyDelete
  11. You've had a wonderful week and thanks for sharing all those bits with us.
    Yep, your gorgeous son has definitely drawn a flower!
    Sorry I'm running a bit late on WOYWW
    Sharon xx #50

    ReplyDelete
  12. How did I miss this lovely blog post this week? That workshop looked amazing Max and I am sure they all had a fab time. As for Ben the artist and food expert - it's early days but what promise he is showing!! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Tilly. sorry I'm late getting round. What an adorable little boy. So happy he is not a picky eater. There is way too much for him to explore... but not the waitresses - just yet anyway hehe. I knew your class would turn out great and the pieces they created are fab! Creative Blessings! Kelly #61

    ReplyDelete