About Me

My photo
I am a lifelong fabric artist who loves bringing a home to life with quirky, unique and sumptuous pieces of textile art. I learnt my craft from sharing many a happy hour sewing with my talented mother. I particularly like collage, free-machining, needle-felting and creating home furnishings using a combination of machine and hand sewing. I love incorporating vintage and reclaimed fabrics, buttons, beads, jewellery and other items in my work to give them a second chance at being beautiful.

Wednesday, 1 August 2012

WOYWW George?


Oo er ah um yes there I am!
George here.
Tricky taking your own photo isn't it.
Max has been too busy at work to do much crafty thingy stuff - so she said I could do her post today.
Well I must tell you  - it's blimin hard trying to take these photos when you are only a 30cm high!
In the end I posed in the mirror and snapped this one...

I think I am pretty gorgeous don't you - ha ha ha Gorgeous George would have been a better name!!!
Except of course I am flippin nosey too - hence Curious George I guess - ooer or do they mean flippin weird, curious - heck I never thought of that!!

Anyway, I was nosing around M's craft box and found the buttons Twiglet got for us at the boot sale. (She is always rootling about up there for fancy stuff!)

I don't understand it myself - buttons are a pain to me - but M seems to love them almost as much as she loves me!
So with my trusty little Japanese Toyoca, I snapped a pic for you. She said they were glass and mother of pearl - what ever that means.
OK folks - now you know I spent most of my life in Yorkshire - well today is Yorkshire Day so have a good day all!
Now how the heck do I get this lot on the blog and then find my way to somewhere called the Stamping Ground.............
x G

9 comments:

  1. Hi George.
    You've done a good job today. I'm sure Max will be thrilled with your posting. Love the buttons.
    Hugs,
    A x #64

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you've mastered the WOYWW event. Little George and all Love the buttons and wishing you a lovely WOYWW. Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh George you have done an amazing job there - I love your little camera! x Jo

    ReplyDelete
  4. The buttons are gorgeous. I spotted the mother of pearl...there are some real beauties!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Curious George rocks the pink, proving that real monkeys CAN wear pink. I love the buttons, especially the fancy clear one. Glass huh? Well, best not let me get too near them. Glass makes me nervous.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well hello again there Georgie--don't pick on Miss Tilly, the buttons are a sweet find!


    :)trisha #117 this week

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous george a true man in pink. The mother of pearl buttons are a treasure and the glass buttons wow what a find.
    Sandra @36

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ha, cute blog there Georgey. Those buttons are so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete